Arseniy Yatsenyuk awarded the best participants of the training “How to get prepared for the challenges and threats to international security”
During the 3rd Youth Kyiv Security Forum Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk awarded the team of the best participants of the training “How to get prepared for the challenges and threats to international security. Today’s forecasts and scenarios”, organized by Open Ukraine Foundation in November 2014.
The participants of the training were offered to deliberate scenarios of development of Ukraine’s external relations (in particular concerning external security) in the nearest future. 60 people were divided into teams that were drafting scenarios and then communicated them to the Fund.
While rewarding participants of the training, the Prime Minister of Ukraine Yatsenyuk addressed to the young people: “You ought to set a goal in your life and do your best to reach it. Every thought is material, and every target, if set right, will be achieved. Everything is possible. It’s all in your hands, heads, and hearts. Never stop, whatever happens – do not pay attention to it if goal is just. And keep on forging forward. And then you will become a winner and so will the country.”
The team, which, according to the officials of the Open Ukraine Foundation has delivered the best scenario for Ukraine's foreign policy includes:
1. Vira Konstantinova – post-graduate in Mariupol State University since December 2013. Specialty – Political Institutions and Processes. Vira completed bachelor’s degree in Mariupol State University in the field of international relations and acquired a qualification of foreign policy expert with profound knowledge of the Greek and English languages at the International Relations department of the I.I. Metchnikov Odessa National University.
2. Olga Korbut – member of the Foreign Affairs Maidan team on the issues of annexation of the Crimea, violations of the occupied territories of Ukraine regime and sanctions. Graduated from the Kyiv Mohyla Academy, branch of study – philosophy (BA, 2011).
3. Maxim Shcherbakov - student of Historical faculty of the Taras Shevchenko National University. His scientific interests encompass European studies, international relations, political processes in Ukraine and abroad, the foreign policy of Ukraine, Ukraine’s history, the ethnic politics and establishment of information society.
4. Vitaliy Yarmolenko - analyst on international affairs. In 2008 - 2012 he was getting bachelor’s degree at the Faculty of International Relations of Ostrog Academy National University, and in 2013 he received a master's degree in international relations.
5. Olexander Yaroshchuk – student of Master's program ‘Intellectual Property’ at the Kyiv National University. Olexander received a Bachelor of International Law degree at Ivan Franko Lviv National University, journalist of the Public Space platform.
6. Ilya Gavrylenko – post-graduate, Institute of International Relations of Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University.
We would like to remind that the 3rd Youth Security Forum was held in Kyiv on March 25-26, with more than 70 young leaders, students, civil society activists from Kyiv, Lviv, Odessa, Dnipropetrovsk and Belgium, Germany, Slovakia, Georgia and other countries participating in its work.