KSF Online Discussion: Fight for Ukraine
On June 29, in the framework of the military edition “Fight for Ukraine” the Kyiv Security Forum holds an online discussion dedicated to the NATO Summit taking place in Madrid these days. The distinguished guests will talk about the expected decisions of the North Atlantic Alliance and the prospect of Ukraine's NATO membership.
KSF discussion will focus on the following questions:
- Is NATO preparing for a direct confrontation with Russia?
- What new steps will the Alliance take to support Ukraine?
- What will mean the confirmation of the “open door” policy for Ukraine?
- What will Ukraine's integration into the Alliance really look like?
- What changes should be expected in NATO's new Strategic Concept, a new document that sets out the Alliance's long-term trajectory?
- Mircea Geoană, NATO Deputy Secretary General (video address)
- Arseniy Yatsenyuk, Prime Minister of Ukraine in 2014-16, Chairman of the Kyiv Security Forum
- Amb. Christoph Heusgen, Chairman of the Munich Security Conference
- Amb. John Herbst, Director of the Atlantic Council’s Eurasia Center
- Judy Dempsey, Senior fellow at Carnegie Europe and editor in chief of the Strategic Europe blog
- Melinda Haring, Deputy Director of the Atlantic Council’s Eurasia Center
- Danylo Lubkivsky, Director of the Kyiv Security Forum
The military edition “Fight for Ukraine” was initiated by the KSF from the first weeks of Russia’s war against our country. Among the distinguished speakers were Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland, hero of “Azovstal” Svyatoslav Palamar (Kalyna); authors and historians Timothy Snyder and Anne Applebaum; President of the National Endowment for Democracy Damon Wilson; American generals Philip Breedlove, Wesley Clark and David Petraeus; US Ambassadors Michael Carpenter, Daniel Fried and Michael McFaul; French Ambassador to Ukraine Etienne de Poncins; former Prime Minister of Sweden Carl Bildt; former U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Near East Asian Affairs and the U.S. Ambassador to Iraq and Jordan Stuart Jones; Ukrainian government officials and experts Olena Kondratiuk, Olha Stefanishyna, Ivanna Klympush-Tsintsadze, Natalie Jaresko, Roman Sheremeta, Andriy Koboliev, Olena Zerkal.
Established by Arseniy Yatsenyuk Open Ukraine Foundation, Kyiv Security Forum is Ukraine’s foremost platform for high-level international discussion about war and peace, national and international security.
Join us LIVE on June 29 at 1 PM [EDT] at: