KSF Online Event: Chornobyl. 35 years
Kyiv Security Forum. Special online event
On April 26 at 9 am Kyiv Security Forum will conduct a special event “Chornobyl.35 years” dedicated to the 35th anniversary of the Chornobyl catastrophe.
In he framework of the Kyiv Security Forum event the Ukrainian and world community will be addressed by:
- His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartolomew.
- Arseniy Yatsenyuk, the Chairman of the Kyiv Security Forum, Prime Minister of Ukraine in 2014-16.
- Svetlana Alexievich, Belarusian writer and public figure, Nobel laureate in 2015.
- Sviatlana Tsikhanovska, leader of the Belarusian opposition and a world-renowned winner of the 2020 presidential election in Belarus.
- Prof. Serhii Plokhii, Ukrainian and American historian, Director of the Harvard Ukrainian Research Institute.
- Melinda Simmons, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United Kingdom to Ukraine (this year Great Britain has taken on the Presidency of the G7).
- Anka Feldhusen, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Germany to Ukraine.
- Joseph Pennington, Acting Deputy Chief of Mission of the United States to Ukraine.
- Danylo Lubkivsky, Director of the Kyiv Security Forum.
The broadcast will include broadcasts from Prypyat and the Chornobyl nuclear power plant.
The talk about Chornobyl, initiated by Kyiv, will be a dialogue on the global dimension of the greatest man-made catastrophe in human history, its spiritual, humanitarian and security consequences and traumas, the special importance of mutual support between free Ukraine and Belarus, and the value of international solidarity in overcoming Chornobyl. and environmental protection.
This event is our symbolic contribution to the current global debate on the protection of the environment and life on the planet.
The discussion will be broadcasted on April 26 at 9 am on our resources:
Open Ukraine Foundation YouTube
Media Partners: Ukraine 24, Espreso, Censor.Net, Lb.ua, Syogodni News, Gordon, TVA, Glavnoe, UkraineWorld.
Kyiv Security Forum is Ukraine’s foremost platform for high-level international discussion about Ukrainian and global security issues. Kyiv Security Forum was founded by the Arseniy Yatsenyuk Open Ukraine Foundation in 2007.