Arseniy Yatsenyuk During KSF Discussion: If Ukraine Quits the IMF Program, the Budget Can Be Described in One Word – Default
If the government does not appoint an independent head of the NBU and quits the program of the International Monetary Fund, the entire budget will be called in one word – default, Arseniy Yatsenyuk, Chairman of the Kyiv Security Forum, Prime Minister of Ukraine in 2014-16 stated during the KSF discussion on July 10.
He called the end of the fiscal year and the draft budget for 2021 one of the main challenges: "It will be a big discussion. How can they turn the current year's budget, because it is not fulfilled, and close the deficit of 300 billion hryvnias?"
Participants of the discussion:
- Olena Kondratiuk, Member of the Parliament of Ukraine, Vice-Speaker of the Parliament of Ukraine, Co-chair of the "Equal Opportunities" Caucus, Member of the Parliament of Ukraine in VI-IX convocations;
- Volodymyr Lavrenchuk, Chairman of the Board, Raiffeisen Bank Aval (2005-2019);
- Yurii Makarov, Editor in Chief at National Public Broadcasting Company of Ukraine, Head of the Committee of Taras Shevchenko National Prize;
- Tomas Fiala, President of the European Business Association, Chief Executive and founder of Dragon Capital;
- Arseniy Yatsenyuk, Chairman of the Kyiv Security Forum and the Prime Minister of Ukraine in 2014-2016;
- Danylo Lubkivsky, Deputy Foreign Minister of Ukraine in 2014, member of the Board of Open Ukraine Foundation.