Sanctions Against the Russian Aggressor and New Opportunities for Ukraine: A Conversation About the Unity and Democratic Leadership of the West
New Kyiv Security Forum online discussion devoted to the united policy of the West against Russia's aggression and in support of Ukraine will be broadcasted on June 19, 2020 at 3 pm.
Co-chairs of the bipartisan Congressional Ukraine Caucus urged the U.S. government to urgently apply sanctions on Russian entities should they engage in pipelaying of the infamous Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline.
On June 11, the North Atlantic Council, the principal political decision-making body of the NATO, recognized Ukraine as an Enhanced Opportunity Partner, which indicates a new quality of our relations on the path to NATO membership.
- New Western sanctions against Russia.
- New NATO opportunities for Ukraine.
- How to stop the Russian energy occupation in Europe?
- What does new status of Ukraine as a NATO partner mean?
- How to strengthen the unity of the West and defend Ukraine?
These issues will be addressed by our renowned guests.
- Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur, the member of the US House of Representatives and the Co-chair of the US Congressional Ukraine Caucus.
- Dr. Michael Carpenter, the Managing Director of the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement.
- Ambassador Alexander Vershbow, the former NATO Deputy Secretary General.
- Arseniy Yatsenyuk, the Chairman of the Kyiv Security Forum and the Prime Minister of Ukraine in 2014-2016.
- Danylo Lubkivsky, the Deputy Foreign Minister of Ukraine in 2014.
Please join us for the broadcast on:
YouTube «Open Ukraine» https://youtu.be/WJNO_RcGgAs;
Facebook KSF https://www.facebook.com/ksfopenukraine/.
Kyiv Security Forum is Ukraine’s foremost platform for high-level international discussion about peace and security. Kyiv Security Forum was founded by the Arseniy Yatsenyuk Open Ukraine Foundation in 2007.