Who Is at War Against Global Democracy?
The challenge of authoritarianism against global democracy will be a leading topic of new Kyiv Security Forum online discussion on May 15, 2020 at 3 pm Kyiv time.
Participants of the discussion:
- Anne Applebaum, American journalist and historian, the Pulitzer Prize winner;
- Rebecca Harms, German politician, the Member of the European Parliament in 2004-19;
- Daniel Fried, American diplomat, the Weiser Family distinguished fellow at the Atlantic Council, the former US Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs and the US Ambassador to Poland, the coordinator for sanctions policy during the Obama administration;
- Peter Pomeranzev, British journalist and author, the Visiting Senior Fellow at the Institute of Global Affairs at the London School of Economics;
- Volodymyr Yermolenko, Ukrainian philosopher, analytics director at Internews Ukraine, editor-in-chief at UkraineWorld;
- Arseniy Yatsenyuk, Prime Minister of Ukraine in 2014-16, founder of Open Ukraine Foundation;
- Danylo Lubkivsky, Deputy Foreign Minister of Ukraine in 2014, member of the Board of Management of Open Ukraine Foundation (moderator).
Are the world democracy and its liberal order being fundamentally and irreversibly challenged and who might become a major beneficiary of this global shift?
What should be the response of the United States, Germany and the European Union to the new international realities?
What goals of Russia’s hybrid warfare against the West can be envisaged in the nearest perspective?
Should the West finally discover and accept Ukraine on its mental, cultural, geopolitical and security maps?
How the big international picture looks from Ukraine’s perspective?
The Kyiv Security Forum;
The Atlantic Council.
Please join us for the broadcast on May 15 at 3:00 pm Kyiv time on our resources:
Open Ukraine Foundation YouTube: https://youtu.be/j8lEdjzlcN0;
Arseniy Yatsenyuk Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/yatsenyuk.arseniy/;
Kyiv Security Forum Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ksfopenukraine/;
Internews Ukraine Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/internewsukraine/;
Open Ukraine Foundation web-site: https://openukraine.org/ua;
Kyiv Security Forum web-site: https://ksf.openukraine.org/ua.
Kyiv Security Forum is Ukraine’s foremost platform for high-level international discussion about peace and security. Kyiv Security Forum was founded in 2007.