NEW THREATS, NEW RIVALRIES
- What is Replacing US Hegemony: Collective Security? Multipolarity?
- What are the Implications of the ‘Rise of the Rest’?
- Are we Entering a Period of Climate Politics and /or Resource Wars?
Arseniy YATSENYUK, Oleksandr HORIN, Giorgi BARAMIDZE, Robert SIMMONS, Dr. Theodor MELESCANU, Andrei POPOV, Robert NURICK, Petro POROSHENKO
EVOLVING SECURITY DYNAMICS
- Is the West Losing its Monopoly on Soft Power?
- Transatlantic Relationship: Collective Security or Coalitions of the Willing?
- Will Today’s Ministries of Defense be Tomorrow’s Ministries of Security?
Dr. Bogdan AURESCU, Pavlo KLIMKIN, Borys TARASYUK, Chris DONNELLY, Dr. Evgeniy KOZHOKIN, Michel COX, Dr. James SHERR, Dr. Bartosz STANISLAWSKI
NATO’S NEW STRATEGIC CONCEPT: RETHINKING PARTNERSHIPS
- Will Relations with Georgia and Ukraine be Given New Stimulus?
- What is the Ideal Role for Russia?
- Will NATO Policies Towards Post-Soviet States Continue to Cause Internal Divisions?
Amb. Marie GERVAIS-VIDRICAIRE, Dr. Andrei ZAGORSKI, Dr. Klaus WITTMANN, Amb. Valeri RATCHEV
TWO TERMS, ONE MEANING: NATIONAL RESILIENCE OR HOMELAND SECURITY?
- How do we Define Threats? What Tools and Strategies are Required to Strengthen National Resilience in a Multicultural and Institutionally Diverse Europe?
- What are the Resources Required to Build Resilience? At what Level Should our Capabilities be?
- How Effective are Private-Public Partnerships in Protecting Critical Infrastructure?
Stephan DE SPIEGELEIRE, Dr. Hans-George WICK, Daniel KANIEWSKI, Bryden SPURLING, Bjorn RUTTEN, Dr. Todor TAGAREV
BLACK SEA GEOPOLITICS: DILEMMAS AND PROSPECTS
- Will the Russia-Turkey Tandem Strengthen or Endanger Regional Stability?
- Can the Region’s Militarization be reversed?
- Will Conflict Return to the Region? What Lessons have we Learned from August 2008?
Dr. Dimitris TRIANTAPHYLLOU, Dr. Mustafa AYDIN, Georgian POP, Tengiz PKHALADZE, Dr. Danila BOCHKAREV, Carina STACHETTI
UKRAINE: CHOICES AND CONSTRAINTS
- Are Ukraine’s Foreign Policy Choices Defined by External Threats or Domestic Politics?
- Does Ukraine’s Stability come at the Expense of its Integration into European and Euro-Atlantic Community?
- Can Ukraine Strengthen its Partnership with Russia without Compromising its Independence?
Valeriy CHALY, Dr. James SHERR, Matthew ROJANSKY, Pawel KOWAL, Vitaliy PORTNIKOV, Dr. Frank EVERS, Mark ОPGENORTH
THE CROSSROADS OF EUROPEAN COLLECTIVE SECURITY
- Is the Corfu Process at a Dead End?
- How do we Engage Russia in a Constructive European Security Dialogue?
- How will Competencies be Divided Among NATO, the EU and the OSCE? Will a New System Emerge?
Olexander PAVLYUK, Dr. Artiom MALGIN, Pierre HASSNER, David DARCHIASHVILI, Dr. Kamer KASIM, Dr. Graeme HERD
Dr. James SHERR, Ivanna KLYMPUSH-TSINTSADZE